Tuesday, December 11, 2018

JUST AN OLD FASHIONED BOY

pretty boring
I’m not much on ceremony or rituals, don’t get much out of church since it bogs down in ceremonial rituals that sidetrack me from the business at hand, God.

The rest of my life is pretty much the same, I don’t kiss up to anyone, bosses, friends or colleagues, no one is superior to me as I am not to them.

I work very hard to maintain my principles and have demonstrated such only recently.

But I am a basic kind of guy. I haven’t bought myself clothing in years my wife does. My clothes are just fine I don’t need much and have been happy to not wear suits and ties and even shoes!

But to the daily living, I am a bit of a ritualistic zombie.

Recently, I was running out of soap for my showers in the morning. I like Ivory soap, no fancy colors or scents, just soap. I asked TLW (The Little Woman) when she went shopping to get me more and was informed that they don’t carry it anymore, that I needed to search for it. I found it at a convenience store and so I am happy once more.

My coffee has to be regular, no fancy lattes or other fancy names with swirls and cinnamon sticks. No crapachinos or whatever. Just give me a good cup of coffee and no frills other than milk or cream, no sugar, please.

Jewelry? Not much, just an inexpensive watch, no need for fancy rings, just my wedding band, nothing else. When it comes to colognes and aftershave lotions? Never use them except for rare occasions.

I guess I’m just an ordinary Joe.

No comments: