Wednesday, January 03, 2007

POW!

It’s 4 in the morning, and I am resting rather nicely, dreaming dreams and floating on air, a gentle exhale of breath escapes my lips. Suddenly – POW, right in the kneecap! If this is TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) idea of getting my attention, she sure did.

I turn over fully awake, wondering what it is I did, to deserve such vicious treatment. I notice the bed is quivering, almost shaking as I try to return to my dream. TLW is shaking! She couldn’t have gotten that old overnight! Or did she? I roll over toward her and Yes, she is shivering! I’m thinking we may have to raise the heat if this continues, but she is shivering from a virus. She’s sick! Oh, no!

I extend my arms out towards her and we cuddle, and I slip my arm under her neck for my heat and comfort. She falls asleep, my arm falls asleep, my legs all fall asleep, but I don’t.

Lying there I debate whether to move my left arm, but TLW is laying still and comfortable, I will try to hang on. My butt is starting to talk to me about moving a little, as the muscles in my body start to rebel. TLW is sleeping like a baby, no dice.

Suddenly - the Mother instinct takes hold of TLW as she pops up (no, she didn’t make a popping noise) and checks her alarm clock. Time to awaken #2 Son from his slumber so he can go to work this morning. My arms, legs and butt start to come back to life! I can actually feel the blood as it pinpoints the different areas of my body and I want to jump out of bed and kill myself. I take a real needling, as I lay in the bed and wait for all the pains to disappear. I look at the clock: it’s almost 7:30 AM!

I fell asleep with all that needling! But does Mamma ever truly rest? Sick and sitting on her chair, she is amazing, made coffee and will call in sick, get her baby off to work and still watch the early morning news.

Boy, what a baby I am.

No comments: