Sunday, February 18, 2007

MOMMA IS ON HER WAY

I invited my 88 year-old Mother and her “Boy friend” over for dinner on Sunday. It is a time of great anticipation, as years ago when she could see well, we vacuumed and swept and cleaned places we never even saw before, knowing full well that Momma would be coming. It got so bad I was even cleaning my man Bill’s house next door, just in case I got drunk and we wandered over there by chance. And Carol keeps a clean house!

As the years went buy Mom lost some sight in her left eye, which made the cleaning easier since we never touched anything on the left side of the house to clean, and I spent that time watching TV or snacking. When she was going home, I always managed to back her out of the front door. Now she has thrown us a curve, her gentleman friend. He can see. He will tell her, I have to clean left and right again.

This really puts a damper on things, TLW (The Little Woman) would never allow Marie Barone to see a messy house, if we were hit with an earthquake. Mom is 88 years old and I’m still scared of her!

Watch out Carole, here I come.

Tomorrow, the visitation, stay tuned.

2 comments:

Steve Philp said...

Maybe his silence can be bought with a good aged Scotch. Easier than cleaning!

Unknown said...

lol, u make me laugh,
anytime u want to wander over by mistake is ok with us, we r always ready