Monday, February 26, 2007

MY CAR, MY CAR, A KINGDOM FOR MY CAR!

TLW (The Little Woman) asked me to call the auto repair shop that was working on #2 Son’s car after his accident. He has been using my car for the past 2 weeks and I was really missing it. The reason I was to call was that they had called and said it would be ready tomorrow. I was to find out if they took credit cards for the deductible, or a certified check.

I call and get a very nice young lady that informs me that the place would honor a credit car, and in fact I could come down today because the car is ready!

Oh joy! Oh sweet lady, how wonderful the sound of your voice, the car is ready now!

I wait for #2 Son to return with my car from work and together we drive to the auto repair shop and we enter the office.

Me: “Hi, I’m here to pickup the Nissan Altima.
She: “Oh, I wasn’t sure you were coming today so I had them bring it to the car wash. It will only be about 15 or 20 minutes. I’m sorry to make you wait”
Me: “Noooo problem” I happily respond, just 20 minutes more.

I sit and I stand and I walk, and I sit again. Suddenly this car pulls up and the owner comes in and gives me the keys. Something is wrong! These aren’t the keys!

Me: “These aren’t the keys for his car!”
Him: What?” “Are you sure?”
Me: “Yes, I am.”
Him: “Let me check. What is your car?”
#2 Son The Nissan Altima-2000”
Him: “2000! OOPS I made a mistake! You are not supposed to be ready until tomorrow, and –wait a minute, you have the special wheels, it might not be ready until Thursday, because I had trouble getting the special wheels. I’m so sorry, it was my mistake.”

No, it is my mistake, I should have known it would never be ready ahead of time, or for that matter on time, yes, everything is normal now, I will have to wait.

No comments: