Wednesday, February 28, 2007

NEXT YEAR I WANT MINE

TLW (The Little Woman) gives religious instructions to little 2nd graders every fall, winter and almost early spring. In the course of teaching these little heathens, she prevails upon my ability as an artist to create different kinds of aids, and projects throughout the year such as: puzzles, black and white line drawings for the kids to color in, word finds and book covers for photo albums, plus the big project where I create a 30” by 40” board of all the classes that exists, with the pictures of the kids in these classes.

Every year, at Christmas time, TLW gets presents from the parents of the children. She gets the presents, I don’t. I want mine. I get the chocolate covered pretzel sticks that she won’t eat and any licorice, which she hates.

I want mine. Now!

Mind you I do get a mention in the church bulletin, TLW presents it to me at the end of the year, after everything is done, it says “Hi DelBloggolo”

I want mine, NOW!

Some gift suggestions for the parents to be distributed at the beginning of December:

Genoa Salami with Provolone Cheese nicely gift-wrapped.

A large bottle of Jack Daniels along with sweet vermouth to accompany it, of course gift wrapped also.

A first class round trip plane ticket to Port Ste. Lucie for spring training. Simple plain envelope will suffice for wrapping.

Of course you may improvise along these lines as long as it is tasteful, just like this little blog is today.

No comments: