Sunday, February 04, 2007

SPIDERMAN

I have been blessed with not only sons but nephews too. I have a few that remind me of myself, or a son, or my Dad, or even some of the women in my life, but one nephew stands out among them all. He is kind of special because he is my first nephew, my older sister (much older) Tessie’s second child. I am his godfather, and he my first godchild. He’s also a fan of the blog.

He reminds me to some degree of myself in that anything can go, and usually does. He is a very generous individual of who I’m very proud of, and like all the rest of my nephews, I love him like a son. He is great for traditions that relate to the family, liking the old ways that he grew up with. When you see John, he will wear a smile on his face, a comment on his lips and a very handsome face. (My side of the family)

I think of John as “Ivan the Joker”, master of the inside joke, teacher of the unabashed, lord of the devil himself. I say this sincerely because it is true, and like I said, he reminds me a little of myself. (Well, maybe a lot)

“Ivan” is a running commentary, that laughs at life and then makes critical observations about those around him, giving pet names to people that follows a family tradition that grew from our days in Brooklyn. If John ever joins the mafia, he will already have his moniker: John, Ivan the Joker. I can see the headlines now: “John (Ivan the Joker,) picked up today by the police for setting fire to the Chief of Police’s shorts, while dating his daughter.”

Of course I really know the true side of Ivan, he is very kind and generous. After a major operation, (I had my wallet practically removed from my pocket) he came over to the house and completely raked and bagged all the leaves on my property, and never asked for anything. That was a huge job! After all, it was still summer! (Only kidding, but he did do it well into the night.) I finally had to convince him to take some money.

He always greets his Aunt TLW (The Little Woman) me with respect. He is Son #1’s best friend in many ways, Son #2 models himself after John to some degree, a Nana yelled at me when he was born, because I didn’t see him until a week after he was born. I was working for two weeks straight, Saturdays and Sundays on Lufthansa, (Der Sherman Airlion) at my new job in the city.

He grew up as Spiderman, to #1 Son’s Batman, and together they ran around as superhero’s, and on Halloween, they saved the metropolis.

His greatest love is homemade macaroni, and some day, he’s coming over to eat some as I will make a couple of pounds of it for just the two of us and my other nephew The Macaroni Man himself. I will be amongst greatness and giants in the macaroni consumption world. (See Blog on “The Macaroni Man.”) TLW can come if she wishes, as can John and Macaroni Man’s Mom, and of course, Daddy John, John’s Dad. (If we can pull him away from his money.) Oh, we can’t forget Nana now can we.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!
This blog is for you Pal!

No comments: