Monday, February 19, 2007

THE VISITATION

The time for dinner was set at 2:00 pm. I called my Mom to ask her what her Beau liked to drink, and he answered in the background: “Juice.” I reminded Mom that I would see her at 2:00 pm and she said she would be there.

Right on time Mom arrives with her Beau in tow (I like that) at 3:45 pm. Bearing a monster cake she arrives at the door and is greeted with the usual fanfare from my dog, barking and sniffing and unhappy to have company. We actually named her Happy, but now that I think about it, I must have misunderstood the name, it should have been “Unhappy.”

The visit was an opportunity for TLW (The Little Woman) and me to better get to know a very shy man in Henry, as we were able to spend some hours without distraction.

What followed was a great shock to me. I really like the man! No kidding, he is a gentleman, and very sociable if the pond is small. Also very interesting, never being married, he has traveled a lot, and turned out to be an old Brooklyn Dodger fan! How’s that?

Being how he came from Astoria, TLW’s family’s stomping grounds (Not that they all have big feet) TLW was very talkative with him and liked him as well.

Here is the unbelievable part: TLW invited them to come with us in the spring to the city to visit the NYC Tenement Museum near Little Italy and Chinatown. I can just see it: four old people trying to figure out why we are doing this sightseeing

No comments: