Sunday, April 19, 2009

LET US PREY

This weekend coming, the hacienda will be invaded by a gaggle of Irishmen! Yes, TLW (The Little Woman) will see her brothers and sister! The occasion being the annual or semi-annual reunion of Seton Hall graduates, at the Timber Point Country Club.

Together with their spouses, there will be five Irishmen, and three Eye-Talians. It will be nice to see everyone together, since they rarely do that. One lives in Maryland, one in Virginia, and one in Connecticut.

The usual gathering will usually spell doom for me when we venture out to the reunion. Why? Because of the Nuns! Yes, the ladies with the black habits, who always find a way for me to get into, trouble.

One year, after the dinner was over, one came over to me and asked if I went to Seton Hall. Having been to a parochial school with nuns, I felt confident I could deal with her.

“No, sister, I didn’t go to Seton Hall, but I did go to Our Lady of Lourdes. Those nuns were much meaner than these.” (You still wondering why I get into trouble?)

I fully expect to get a letter this year from them stating:

Dear Sir,

After last year’s performance, watch what you say, or we will definitely kick your unholy ass.

Yours Truly,
The Sisters of Halifax, Halley Berry and Halleluiah

Here is a cute story my Polish brother-in-law from Little Poland in Connecticut sent me: These are all Irish nuns!

Sisters Mary Catherine, Maria Theresa, Katherine Marie, Rose Frances, & Mary Kathleen left the Convent on a trip to St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York City and were sight-seeing on a Tuesday in July. It was hot and humid in town and their traditional garb was making them so uncomfortable, they decided to stop in at Patty McGuire's Pub for a cold soft drink.

Patty had recently added special legs to his barstools, which were the talk of the fashionable eastside neighborhood. All 5 Nuns sat up at the bar and were enjoying their Cokes when Monsignor Riley and Father McGinty entered the bar through the front door

They, too, came for a cold drink when they were shocked and almost fainted at what they saw.


Please remember all those that need our prayers, including MMB (My Man Bill) and my brother-in-law, John.

YOU MAY WANT TO PRAY FOR MY UNHOLY ASS, TOO!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as the Seton Hall Reunion, I seem to remember you doing quite well after your winning number on your raffle ticket was called. I think this year, they are raffling a weekend with Sister Joseph Joseph, sometimes referred to as Sissy Jo-Jo.


From:
The Youngest Italian In-law

Mary Ann said...

Hey Joe!

For sure you and the nuns are like oil and water! Remember Annmarie's First Holy Communion???? We have THAT one on tape!! You should share that one on the blog! lol

Jim Pantaleno said...

You will pay for posting that picture, Joe. Sister Bonneventura (eighth grade girls teacher at O.L.L. also known as "The Terminator") is waiting for you up there with her ruler.

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

What ever happened to: "Jesus Saves!"

Anonymous said...

Excellent joke!