Thursday, April 23, 2009

IT WAS A LONG DAY!


It started the day before our trip to tour Gracie mansion. TLW (The Little Woman) signed us up for a group called “Get Up And Go!” So, we got up and went! The company called and said that we were to leave on the bus at 8:15 AM. Then a few hours later, we get another call, stating we have to leave on the bus at 7:45 AM. I thought if they call one more time, we would have to leave immediately!

Once on the bus, wouldn’t you know it, some old broad gets on and sits behind us. She proceeds to talk the whole way into New York City with her seatmate, another woman. For over an hour and a half, this woman is driving me crazy! Her seatmate can’t get a word in edge wise! She would not shut up! I am starting to talk under my breath, and ready to explode. TLW says, “Don’t get angry, that is the way it is!” or something to that effect. The woman is complaining that she doesn’t feel well, yet if she did, I am sure I would have strangled the woman! I would be writing this from Riker’s Island! Another couple sitting behind her couldn’t take it anymore and went to sit in the back of the bus!

After admonishing me, telling me to suck it up, TLW says: When we go home, I think we should sit in the back of the bus, I can’t listen to her anymore!

It seemed everywhere she went, her mouth went with her, and people were looking dazed by the experience! Sitting in a restaurant next to this stranger, the stranger had her back turned to this yakker, and looked like she should be on suicide watch. I understand why the Yakker’s husband sent her alone on the tour, to get some bloody peace!

On the grounds of Gracie mansion, with arms flailing, mouth running; revved up and never idling, she went at it with the pedal to the metal!

When we got on the bus for the return trip, the leader of the tour asked if everyone was on the bus. Big mouth waved her hand and says: “The couple that sat here (TLW and me) are missing!”

Please pray for my brother-in-law John, and MMB (My Man Bill) and all those that need our prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny!

Spin calls that diarreha of the mouth. :-o !!!


Jan/PCH

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

She actually agitated a whole group of people!

Laura ESL Teacher said...

Ugh, I always seem to end up sitting near people like that! So annoying!