Sunday, April 12, 2009

LET’S RAMBLE!


First, and most importantly: “Happy Birthday” to the birthday girl! Courtney, a friend of #1 Son, is a year older, but unlike this so-called writer, a year more beautiful! My hope is she made herself some chocolate for Easter: she will be treating herself, royally.

To all of you out there, I hope Passover and Easter find you feeling well, and remember, this time of year is when hope springs eternal. Be it baseball, or the game of life: hope is all we have in reality.

For years, and up until recently, TLW (The Little Woman) used to make up Easter Baskets for the kids. When Ellen and #1 and #2 Son were well into adult-hood, she would have a basket with jellybeans and chocolate ready for Easter morning. When they were kids, Saturday night before Easter Sunday was spent coloring eggs. Once they went off to bed, I would hide the eggs. I thought that this year I’d try something different. Instead of hiding the eggs, I will hide #2 Son.

We have an old film of #1 son, graduating from nursery school, complete with a little skit where he is a bunny, with ears. He hops, with bunny ears on! Every time he becomes a smart ass, I think of that in my head. I should really get that in an mpg format and show it!

I remember when Tessie, my much older sister and I were kiddies, got Easter baskets. Tess would wake me up and say: “Hey, before Mommy and Daddy send you go back to the adoption agency today, get up and go get your Easter basket from the Easter Bunny. Every year it seems, she got a whole lot of jellybeans and two chocolate bunnies, and I got that cellophane grass in my basket. I could never understand how that happened, every year! Then that first year I was married, TLW (The Little Woman), explained it to me. Women get chocolates, and men mow the grass. Thanks, Toots, I feel better now, knowing. Funny thing, TLW’s chocolates said: “Perugina” on them, and my grass is real!

My fellow Board member and Arthur Avenue explorer, Ken Walker, already had his ‘Easter’, a week earlier, when he had rabbit for lunch!

Yesterday I had dinner with an old buddy of both TLW and me. His name is Bud. Bud and his lovely wife Judy lived across the street from us for years. He was the first neighbor I met on the street. Often he would pop in to say “Hello”. I would be eating, and suddenly have this strange feeling I was being watched. A shadow would be cast across my plate, I would look up, and there stood Bud! He was the only person I would let do that because he was such a good guy. Probably MMB, (My Man Bill) would come under that category, too.

More on the Bud and Judy lunch tomorrow.

To all my readers out there… Un bacio da me a lei, e Pasqua Felici o Pasqua ebraica

Please remember MMB (MY Man Bill) and my brother-in-law, John and all those that need our hopes and prayers.

No comments: