Sunday, September 13, 2009

CAPE MAY, MY WAY

I spent the Labor Day weekend in beautiful Cape May, NJ. The weather was picture perfect, as was the scenery and the company we spent it with. Taking two loaves of Irish soda bread, I made, and TLW’s favorite salad, off we went. I was surrounded with the usual assortment of Irishmen, and two Sicilians! Feeling like an outsider, I continued to plug on, through the wonderful hospitality of Sara and Kevin, TLW’s Sister-in-law and brother. Along with Sara and Kevin were Angela and Dennis, TLW’s younger brother, two great hosts in Colorado, who hail from Virginia, who were very gracious and accommodating when we spent a few days out in Steamboat Springs, Co.

There was Maureen, TLW’s older sister and Steve, whom I know will not be outdone and invite us for a whirlwind tour of Europe. (I hope its not too many countries, because I get confused easily.)

Touring Cape May has always been a favorite thing to do. It is a beautiful seaside community, and the oldest resort on the sea in the USA. I’m sure my being there has made it older.

Being the last to arrive, we were given the “Princess and Pirate” bedroom, which is reserved for Emma and Jake, Sara and Kevin’s grandchildren. The home itself has four porches, two down stairs and two upstairs! A fun place by any standard!

The town which is filled with many historic old homes, focused on the boardwalk and beaches of the town, and there is always festiveness in the air. It is opened all year round, and at Christmas, from what I hear, is the place to be! The house you see belongs to a Dr. Physik, a foremost leader in the area of stomach surgery. Taking a physic came from his works.

If you would like the recipe for a truly great salad and/or Irish soda bread, send me a request and I will send it to you.

Tomorrow: Stevenson University

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey -- I was trying to respond to Chapter 3 in Tolik's Odyssey but couldn't sign in for some reason.

Anyway...

Great chapter! Lots of suspense. Looking forward to the next one.