Friday, November 06, 2009

THE THREE TENORS


Or, move over José Carreras, Plácido Domingo and Luciano Pavarotti.

Well, we don’t sing, but we did make great music recently.

As you know, I’ve been whining recently about a Power Point presentation I had to make for my daughter’s agency, http://www.ahrcsuffolk.org/

Along the way, I decided to enlist the help of two fellow board members, guys who are top notch and will do anything to help the agency, even work with me!

We decided rather than a voice over, we would have a narrator or three to move the presentation along. Now the first guy I will mention, you already know as the famous mattress tester. Again, I will use the name “Ken” to protect his identity. “Ken” is a seasoned volunteer and board member. A former president of the board, he had a great run and only positive things come from him. He has a daughter named Sabrina, who he obviously loves very much, or he wouldn’t be so dedicated. Very involved in the Special Olympics, he does more than most board members.

The other guy, known as Mr. McMeanie by the good folk in Albany, and we’ll call him: “Jim”, has a brother in the agency, and has become a brother to the agency by his hard work, and dedication to his brother and the agency. “Jim” is a doer, not a talker. His actions speak loudly, and he will become the future president of the board. It is a wonderful choice we will make.

We sat the day before the ball along with the executive director and Mike, who I will be mentioning in a future blog to hammer out the narration. Ideas and suggestions were coming fast and furious by all present. Being the bastard I am, I decided to have some fun. “Ken”, made a suggestion, I disagreed with, (it really wasn’t a bad one) and “Jim” made an alternate suggestion: also not bad. I decided to speak up, (something I really do) and said; “Let’s use “Ken’s” suggestion, it’s really not that great, but let’s use it.” The look of confusion in “Jim’s” eyes was perfect, and the response from “Ken” was tops. He suggested maybe I should have sex with myself in not so many words! His smile was very broad!

Well, the presentation went on much better than I hoped, because “Ken” and “Jim” showed up to help. The agency and its board run much better, since “Ken” and “Jim” showed up to help.

Thanks guys, you are the best!

No comments: