Sunday, November 08, 2009

A MODEL CHILD, I WUZ


http://delbloggolo.blogspot.com/search?q=CURTAINS

The above link is a blogue I wrote two years ago. The reason I mention it is TLW (The Little Woman) uses the story about me as a lesson to her class about: owning up to mistakes. I happen to be the main character in this caper, as I am in most mistakes made.

Coming home after her class last night, she told me how she once again related the same story to her second grade religious education class. She entitled her lesson: “When it is NOT a sin!” and once again, I was a shinning example. Please read it, but it requires some sense of humor.

As we had our dinner, she claimed there was a story about her, that I can’t recall her relating to me, or anyone else for that matter. Yet, she could recall other unfortunate ‘episodes’ shall we say, about me.

There is the one about the spider in the lady’s hair. (She was no lady), and of course the buttons in the collection box (White powdered donuts were cheap in those days), and of course my favorite, the impromptu tour of the funeral parlor, conducted by yours truly, for the benefit of my four sisters. (Yes, four [4] sisters!)

Yesterday I related about #2 Son’s ‘water-boarding’, and now you know where he gets them! TLW tells him stories about me, and he tries to top them!

I reminded TLW that although she relates these stories to her class, she should be sharing with me her Christmas presents the parents give her. After all, aside from printing out letters to parents, and artwork for her class: my stories contribute greatly to her curriculum, so therefore, she should share the booty! (It took me two weeks to get rid of the scented bubble bath odor from one of the presents she did share with me last year!)

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

I read your "flaming curtains" story with a great sense of deja vu. There is something about fire that fascinates little boys. I once nearly burned the house down shooting wooden matches into an old couch we stored in the back yard. After the third trip into the kitchen for another big glass of water, Mom got wise and ran outside and doused the flames. It's a miracle we lived to adulthood. Glad TLW is making good use of your childhood misdeeds.