Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A PERFECT DAY!














I love spending my time with friends, and who doesn’t? The people I call friends happened to spend some time with me. They completed a perfect day that I didn’t think could exist.

First: there was Toots II, the lady that works with TLW (The Little Woman) at the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company. Her job is to look like TLW, and report to the authorities when I become crazy. She just makes notes and sends them to Washington, DC, where they compile a record on me. Then there is the Princess of Foxwoods Points: Pat and her husband, Bill. Pat too, is a fellow Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company employee. Her job is to step in for Toots II, when the pressure becomes too much. The five of us took another tour on the Get Up And Go bus tour. This time we traveled to Mohonk, in upstate New Paltz, New York. http://www.mohonk.com/


Mohonk means: ‘Lake in the sky’, and that truly is what the Native Americans (Indians, for all you insensitive Republican Conservatives) meant. Liberals use ‘Native Americans, Asians and are saving the earth, trees and paper over plastic!

Mohonk Lake is one of the most picturesque, natural wonders in New York State, second only to the waitress who carded me for asking for a Jack Daniel Manhattan, only recently! It is not only an architectural wonder, but connects you immediately with the Victorian world that once existed. Taking the snake-like roads to the top, you are immediately reminded of just how beautiful this earth can be.












Bill, The Princess of Foxwoods Points husband and I decided to take a hike to the top of the Alfred K. Smiley Memorial Tower. It is named for Smiley because, after you are done climbing the road to the top, exhausted, gasping for breath, and wondering how the Para-medics will bring your dead body down from the heart attack, old Al smiles in his grave! But Bill and I made it! Yes, we left the women for some peace and quiet (oops) and bravely set off to scale the unscaleable, to reach the unreachable, to go where the brave dare not go, this is my quest…

Anyway, we climbed the long path to the top and reached the tower!

We had a fantastic brunch, which I must say, it was extraordinary in the amount of choices, and they had the good sense to have a lot of chocolate in the desserts! (There is a God!)

One word of caution, the do not allow alcohol on the premises. I was worried they would smell my breath!

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

No alcohol? Two words Joe, pocket flask.

Anonymous said...

Jim has the right idea!

-#1 Son