Sunday, May 16, 2010

TIME TO SELL THE FARM!


Farmville that is! I decided that electronic farming is not for me.

No, there are other challenges more pressing, and for me to wait around for a little cartoon character to plow, seed and harvest, milk a cow (Her name is Cowabonga) and shear a sheep, I could be doing something more constructive.

Like What?

Good question!

Maybe call an old friend, paint a picture or do a woodcarving, anything to get me away from this computer. It scares me that I need the computer for my amusement, too! TLW (The Little Woman): could use some attention when she is home, and even Happy, my dog could. But a cartoon character!

I get request for stuff I don’t own, I send things I never had, I get mysterious gifts and then send some, and I don’t even know what it is I’m doing!

I didn’t even plow my fields correctly!

So yesterday I made a whole batch of Chicken Franchese for my committee when they come for dinner some day. It will keep in the freezer, ready for action. I will even make some homemade pasta for that dinner, all while amusing myself without the help of Farmville, and the computer!

Actually, what is happening is: I am falling into the trap that everyone else is in, the computer and Facebook. The reason I went on Facebook was to gather as many people as I could find for my reunion I am working on. Someone recommended I try Facebook, since everyone is on it.

Yogi Berra once said: “Nobody goes there anymore, it’s too crowded!”

That is what is happening to me, I don’t go there anymore, because it is too time consuming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We discovered a few days ago that between Danville (southeast)and Williamsburg (southwest) Virginia there is actually a place called Farmville.
ss-i-l