Saturday, May 29, 2010

TOYOTA, DON’T TOY WITH ME!


One thing TLW (The Little Woman) and I have is excellent credit. We take pride in paying our bills, and keeping debt down to the minimum. With excellent credit, it gives you as pass to the whole world of potential poorhouse residences!

Recently we went to Toyota for a car, the Prius, and we made all the arrangement with a lease agreement, where they, Toyota will pay the first payment due to an overlap with the old lease on the Camry.

We were assured they would make the payment and we left them with a new Prius and everything “under control”. Everything except Toyota is under control. It feels like we applied the brakes, and the car accelerated! (Where have I heard that before?)

So sure enough, we get not one, but two letters wondering where our payment was! WHERE OUR PAYMENT IS????!!!!

Where is their payment? Huh?

They were late on their own car payment! I called and told them that I was very angry, that my good credit would be harmed if they didn’t take care of the matter and they were responsive. I quote: “We’ll look into it.” I wonder if they have time, after all, they are looking into a lot of cars that don’t want to stop.

The next day I get a call from the salesman, a nice chap, one who used to take his mom to church every Sunday, then get abused by her ordering him around. A man I could trust. He said that he could assure me that the payment was made by Toyota. The day I called, they made the payment!

Well, Mr. Salesman is sending me a copy of the check. I hope a Toyota copy of a check can stop at my mailbox.

No comments: