Tuesday, May 11, 2010

WHAT DON’T I NEED NEXT?

The other day we picked up TLW’s (The Little Woman) new Prius, and let me tell you, innovation has gone a great distance in the last few years! The car is amazing! First and foremost, you don’t always drive on gas, it operates on an electrical system, saving me, and TLW a lot of tank money.
It tells you the road conditions, simple push button controls and smooth ride. The inside is like a jet fighter, with controls coming up to you and next to you. The console sits high off the dashboard, so it will make it impossible to grab TLW’s knee! The cockpit features everything at your fingertips.
Now, for the height of marveling, it has NO, (Yes, NO) key!

You must be thinking: “Surely Joe Bob, you must be jesting!”

Two things I say to you.

1) Don’t call me Joe Bob

B) It works on sensors, which never leave your pocket! It automatically opens your car doors (well, not yours, the Prius), starts the car by just stepping on the brakes and hitting a power button, and automatically locks the doors, and the sensor never leaves your pocket!

Now with a GPS, you never need to wake up while driving, you can continue your beauty rest at your own pace, while in the HOV lane! By yourself no less!

TLW, is a little cheap sometimes, I like to get her everything, it is her car, not mine, and she is always practical. That is why I’m not in the poor house. I wanted to have a GPS installed, and she refuses! We have a portable one we both use, so she feels we don’t need it. (What a good wife!)

So what happens as we drive away from the dealer? She asks me to drive it! She is afraid of it! She’ll get used to it, but while I drove it, I could have put on any switch I wanted, and she would not have adjusted it, because she didn’t know how!

1 comment:

Laura ESL Teacher said...

Amazing how far cars and everything else have come over the years. Congrats to TLW on her new ride; as soon as she figures it out, you'll never be allowed to drive it again!