Tuesday, December 06, 2011

GETTING THE DROP ON ‘EM,


Or scrambled Sunday!

We went to our usual diner for breakfast a few Sundays ago, after Mass. TLW (The Little Woman) in her never ending quest to get me to heaven tries every Sunday. In my quest to reward her for fighting such heavy odds, I buy her breakfast after each desperate attempt.

Seated in the diner, I waited for my chance. It was a usual Sunday and I needed to shake things up, kind of give the day a different twist. Looking around I spotted my ‘mark’, a young waitress heading my way!

Over came the young lady with her perky smile who was going to take our order. Bright and young as a new spring morning, with pen and order pad in hand, she stood before us ready to launch her greeting. But before she even took that first breath to do so…

Me: “Good morning! I’m Joe and this is TLW, we will be your customers today!” (This technique was actually developed by #1 Son a while ago, and I decided to add it to my repertoire of confusions.)

The young lady just stood there, tried to say something, and wondered why her world had gone so badly in such a short time.

Me: “I’ll have two scrambled, French fries extra crispy and rye toast.”

Her: “Huh… oh, er… No meat?”

Now she was really confused, someone had taken her routine and twisted it and was now NOT doing the ordinary, no meat!”

Feeling completely successful I replied: “NO meat, its meatless Sunday!”

She not once came over to interrupt us to ask if everything was alright!

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

DelBloggolo brightens the day of another lucky waitress.