Thursday, December 29, 2011

EERIE IS EERIE


Right before Christmas, TLW (The Little Woman) and I go to the cemetery and visit the graves of our son Joseph, my dad and TLW’s parents. We buy blankets made from pine or firs, and they are decorated minimally.

This year we went as usual and after visiting the grave of my son we went over to my in-laws and since we are the only ones who live in the area, we are the only ones who visit. This year we found a small Christmas tree on the double grave! This surprised us and we wondered who could have done this?

At my father’s grave there was a greater shock. As we arrived to place a blanket on his grave, there on the ground were not one, but two blankets. I immediately thought of my older sister Tess (much older) and her daughter Laurie Ann, or maybe my other sisters. But one sister has a husband buried near-by and there was nothing on his grave yet, the other sister was in China at the time. No one seems to know anything about the blankets! Not Tess, not her daughter, no one!

Although it feels eerie to be greeted like we were, I am glad that someone remembered my Dad.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

A mystery to be sure, but a nice one.