Sunday, December 25, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Today is a day of peace and love, joy and giving. It is a day that is filled with such wonderful memories of Christmases long ago and recent.

Many years ago, as a child I looked at Christmas with trepidation since Santa was always watching me my mother told me. I would pray to the Baby Jesus to intercede for me with Santa, until one day my teacher; Miss Goodsight (yes, an old maid) told me that Christmas was Jesus’ birthday, that Santa was only a tag-a-long. This took me by surprise since I was worried about the wrong guy all along!

Mom kept harping on Santa watching and knowing what I did when I did it, and he was keeping a list. Mom was lying! My mother was lying to me; her only son was being fed untruths!

“Mom, Miss Goodsight (The old maid) told me that Christmas is really about Jesus, not Santa! I thought you said that Santa watched to see who was bad?”

“Yes, Santa makes the list and keeps track, and tells Jesus. Actually, Christmas is NOT about presents, it is about giving, and GOING TO CHURCH!”

I ended the conversation real quick, I was NOT going to go to church ALL DAY!

Of course, I still use Christmas as the real name of the holiday; I don’t think I need to be politically correct. In fact, no one is asking to rename Chanukah because it is insensitive to Christians. (ACLU where are you?)

Still Beautiful
To TLW (The Little Woman), thank you for all you are to me. I know there is no one that could make me happier than you can. I wish I could make you as happy. Thank you for your love, your help, and the wonderful times we’ve had. Thank you for being there when we needed each other, never once have you called me anything but by my name, and most of all, thank you for all our children, they are ours, and we can love them forever-together.

To all you wonderful readers-MERRY CHRISTMAS, enjoy your family; enjoy the day for what it really is, both a religious day of love and joy, and peace and goodwill to all of us. My present is the need to write to you each day, and to read your occasional comments. For me that is a one-way street. Thank you all, I love you.

If there is one thing I would wish for, that would be that Christian or Jew, Islamic or whatever is floating your boat, that we can enjoy everyday in peace and harmony, that the children of the world be safe from all and any harm in the world.

Joe

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to a good man and his wonderful family.

Princess Pat said...

Merry Christmas to you and TLW and
your family and friends. May we
all share in the peace and joy
all year long!