Monday, December 19, 2011

MY PHARMACY LIES


Every three months I go to the doctor to renew my prescriptions. This is a simple task, three 30-day supplies where I phone in the last two renewals. Simple, no?

No.

I’m dealing with people from another planet when it comes to my pharmacy.

As I pack my weekly supply in my pill container, I notice that the pharmacy didn’t give me enough pills for the 30 days needed. I’m supposed to take 3 pills a day so that means 90 pills. I look in the bottle and it seems like very little, so I check the label. 45 pills! I pick up the phone.

“Thank you for calling Friendly Drugs. If you are a physician calling in a prescription, press 1. If you wish to speak with a pharmacist, press 2. If you wish to fill a prescription, press 3. If you are lonely and just wish to talk press 4.”

I press 3 and get this gentleman on the phone.

“Give me your phone number please.” I do that and he says: “How may I help you?”

“My prescription for Metoprolol is short by half!”

“That’s what the prescription says.”

“Well, I should have had twice as many, not half.”

“Hang on while I check it out, please.”

A young lady comes to the phone.

“Give me your phone number please.” I do that and she says: “How may I help you?”

“My prescription for Metoprolol is short by half!”

“That’s what the prescription says.”

“Well, I should have had twice as many, not half.”

“Hang on while I check it out, please.” Returning she says:
“You still there?”

“Barely.”

“Yes, I see that we should have given you 90 and we shorted you.”

“Do I get the pills?”

“Do you want them?”

“It WOULD be nice.”

“OK, I’ll have them ready for you, just take your time getting here, and when you do, they will be ready.”

Two different people tell me something that was not true!

1 comment:

stephenCollines said...

According to the Statistical Office of Pharmacy technician jobs will increase the demand for up to thirty two per cent by 2016, meaning that there will be plenty of free space on the market.

flagyl