Wednesday, December 21, 2011

REGIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!


It has been brought to my attention that Regis Philbin has left the show! An iconic figure, not to mention a case in ineptitude will no longer grace our TV screens.

So the quest to replace this giant of daytime TV is in the works.

It will be hard to replace Regis; first of all he has no talents, listens too much to women and is always defending himself. Where can you find someone like that?

I Know!

Me!!!

Yes I am a no-talent, inept, listener of women, who is always defending himself. I even have a niece who looks like Kelly Ripa! Kelly is sick one day, doesn’t want to come in, my niece covers for her, and no one knows!

Of course when it comes to stories, I have a bunch, can relate to all kinds of things that may go wrong. Taking Regis place my wife will have something additional for me to do during the day.

Kelly or Katie?
My ineptitude is legendary. I even have a Christmas story I can tell about an apartment I shouldn’t have been in. Then there was the time I skidded across Lake Weeki Wachee in Florida, and came face-to-face with a crocodile or alligator. I was too scared to tell the difference, it just looked like a hungry pair of expensive shoes! Of course if the world needs more, there is the time at the Delaware water gap and my ride to oblivion in a rubber tube. Once I got mixed up with an old neighbor and the church organist in Home Depot, and suddenly TLW (The Little Woman) kept her distance from me as we exited the store! The list goes on, but who’s counting?

I know I can drink coffee and listen: I am very ambidextrous that way, and I can definitely cut articles out of newspapers to make a point. I can give a good accounting of my weekend, and have plenty of children stories the blog hasn’t even heard of yet. There are my adventures on vacations that start in Paris and the room service, and continue right up to my last vacation.

A lot of the tight spots my Dad used to get himself into before he passed on, I have inherited, and hope when I’m gone to pass them on to #’s 1 and 2 sons. Well, the show MUST go on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BROTHER-IN-LAW TOM!
I will try to remember all the words to the Polish ditty: 'Buy me a pork chop'! Katie is Tom's daughter!

Try my new aports blog: http:www.joenellen.blogspot.com/

No comments: