Friday, December 09, 2011

SELF-BRANDING


Recently I attended a presentation on self-branding. The idea is to present the best face of a business or organization to the public, especially on the Internet. This was a few days before I took down a website I had planned to launch. It included some interesting concepts and along with another presentation on how to get your business found quickly, it made for some very interesting strategy.

I decided since I don’t need the info for a business anymore, that maybe I would ‘Re-brand’ DelBloggolo! Yes, my feeling is that it should be used for something that will be helpful, not just something that ruins your first cup of coffee in the morning.

I seem to remember floating the idea of cups or t-shirts with the DelBloggolo logo on it, maybe a board game or maybe even a book on favorite DelBloggolo blogs. That is nice, but does it further a bigger and better cause?

So I am playing with the idea of taking the DelBloggolo merchandising idea and donating the money to charities that the readership (That is you) might like. Every month, we take the proceeds and from your suggestion, send the money there.

I would take one month and send it to AHRC Suffolk, one month to The Compassionate Friends, maybe one month to a Autism group. Every month I would pick a group from your selection and donate the money.

If this idea appeals to you (I promise the merchandise will NOT have my picture on it and will not contain anything objectionable) let me know and I will start the process of thinking it through.

No comments: