Sunday, December 18, 2011

WHEN DOES THIS ‘STUFF’ END?


The other day, TLW (The Little Woman) was home from work, her occasional Monday she gets. On the counter were some cans and packages for the ingredients for Tacos.

“Oh! We having tacos tonight?”

“Joe, don’t touch that stuff, and don’t touch this stuff’, gesturing as she opened the refrigerator door, and then pointed to the vegetable drawer and said: “and the stuff in the drawer here. All that stuff is for my Christmas luncheon at the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Co.!”

Being how I was tired of being bossed around, I put my foot down and said: “OK”. (Good thing she didn’t pursue it further or I would have REALLY told her off!)

As I walked away, I noticed a box, about 4” x 6” with lollypops in it, and on the kitchen table were bags and packages for her little heathens for Christmas as she teaches every Wednesday night about God. More stuff.

TLW was busily shuffling enough papers to make the FBI nervous and, more files to make the IRS jealous, again for her little heathens! More stuff.

Stuff is good, it comes in all forms, big, small, important and sometimes called; “Mine”. Everyone should have ‘stuff’; it means we have carved out a niche in the world. I don’t have stuff. I am stuffless, I own no stuff. Oh, I have things, but no stuff.

Just as well, since I’m looking for the “Right stuff” anyway.

2 comments:

Princess Pat said...

So this is what you do in your spare
time? Looking for pictures of stuff???

Jim Pantaleno said...

Those will come in handy if you run out of mistletoe.