Saturday, January 19, 2013

THE CANNON IS LOOSE!


And firing away!

Mom and her offspring
It was the night of Toots II’s (Lois) retirement/birthday party, and the crowd from the Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss Co. gathered at the local restaurant to say goodbye to the lady in a royal fashion.
Mr. Fix-It, Corinne, Bow Tie, Princess Pat and TLW
The big mockers were there, to pay tribute to years of devoted service and so too were the young people, all with their futures ahead of them, recognizing the power of what a good person can do and does. Along with this impressive array of people were the three lovely daughters and son with girl friend in tow (equally lovely I may add) to honor mom, their mom for who she is.

Retirement seems to be a bitter/sweet day when you experience it, and it was nice to have a chance to say goodbye. Parting is indeed sweet sorrow.

TLW, Princess Pat, Toots II and Mr. Fix-It
The food was good, the company great and the tributes from her bosses sincere and quite nice, telling me she was loved, and still is. But of course there was a fly in the ointment, for some reason, being it is a wanna-be-bank, it had to get some of it’s speakers for nothing, and that is where I come in.

One of things she was recognized for was her pole dancing, which she performs at the various retirement homes around the county, she is known as Sweetie La Rue (Yes, she can make change of a five.) her many titles and the many to the point names of members (Dumb, Dumber and Dummest) .
Mr. Fallon, one of her bosses giving a beautiful presentation from the bank
Yes, I got up and gave my two cents worth of retirement speech, the unsuspecting guests, subjected to my brand of humor, offering advice on how to spend her retirement and what to expect. As I made a fool of myself, I realized how strange it was for me to be there, doing this! Most of the people in the room were strangers to me, and many had met me for the first time. A cannon on the loose you might say! Fortunately no one threw anything at me while I was up there, and I hid until everyone went home before attempting to leave the building.

I opened up by stating I was totally unprepared for saying a few words, then pulled out my speech, which I suspect got a few sneers and a few pistols cocked, but luckily the guest were either too drunk or resigned to this becoming a long evening, and didn’t shoot!
Mickey, Teresa, Karenlee, Joanne, Mr. Fallon and Mr. Eberharth

There was actually laughter at my remarks, and I am proud to say I am still alive.

But the company was great. The lovely Corinne and her husband Mr. Fix-it (Doug) who works for the Wanna-Be-Bank, Bow Tie (Lenny) another Wanna-Be-Bank employee and of course Princess Pat gave her presence to our table making for some real fun and good times.

So, one more time: Good-bye Lois already! Jeez, I missed Bowling for Dollars reruns that night!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Delbloggolo everyone at the wanna be bankers trust are raving about your speech. Im sure Mrs. Delbloggolo did not mention, even the youngsters loved it noting you wit.
B.T
P.S. Lois we miss you already.