Friday, January 04, 2013

EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS


I managed to get an appointment at the Toyota service department, a rather large building with a huge waiting room. Designed for the comfort of broken down owners, a kind of rehab or hospital for cars, I entered the place at 10:45 for my 11:00 am appointment.

I checked in and took a seat, and could clearly see my car where I parked it. Taking out my Kindle Fire, I began to read and on occasion check the status of the car. By 11:45 the car was still in the same spot I left it.

As I looked back at my Kindle, a sign was posted near the entrance of the waiting room: “WE EXPECT TO EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS!”

Being as how I was a little annoyed that I was still in the waiting room and the car hadn’t moved, it occurred to me that maybe, just maybe they had taken the car and were done? Could this be? The sign said it was possible. Maybe they were done and were not charging me too? Maybe they felt the guilt they should have for making DelBloggolo wait, and all I needed was to get my keys and drive off!

As that last thought entered my head, a mechanic comes out and takes my car in for the service intended, washing away my dreams.

About 40 minutes later, I see the car reappear and I go in to pay for the new battery. The gal looks at the work order and says: “Wow! That is expensive for a battery! Must be a special battery. Oh, it’s a hybrid you have. That will be $269.”

Well, the sign made sense: the price exceeded my expectations!

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Underneath the free donuts and coffee, car dealers are still the scum of the earth they always were.