Thursday, August 15, 2013

THE GOOD DOCTOR STRANGEGLOVE

-->
da doctor wuz in!
Once a year, I have to go to my physician: Dr. Strangeglove for a “yearly physical”. This is one thing I hate, because it takes time and he has a habit of sticking a finger where fingers should not venture, tickling my tonsils. The real issue is he takes a running start to do that!

When I enter his examining room, the nurse asks: “Why are you here?” There are many answers that reside at the tip of my tongue, but I go with the standard reply: “my yearly physical!” So who arrives 30 minutes later after I’m told: “The Doctor will be with you in a minute”?

Dr. Strangeglove enters and asks: “Why are you here?” There are many answers that reside at the tip of my tongue, but I go with the standard answer: “my yearly physical doctor!”

This drives up the adrenalin in him, he gets to do his thing, up my thing, and he doesn’t buy me dinner! Of course after that there is the x-rays, the checking of the heart, the pulse and what have you, but the highlight is always when he dons the plastic white glove and takes a running start!

I once complained to him that there should be another testing procedure to check a prostate, but there isn’t. I went home and complained to TLW (The Little Woman), and her response was: “It’s to keep you alive!”

For what?

No comments: