Monday, November 11, 2013

SPOT ON!


Did you ever bite your tongue and seem to do it over again in the same spot all day long? You get in that groove and you just can’t seem to stop. Well yesterday was a little different, but the same.

I woke up and found this shirt I’ve owned since the early 90’s it seems. I like the shirt, the fit and the colors, and since it was a button shirt, it is my kind of shirt. However, there is a side of Joe Del Bloggolo that you don’t know unless you are TLW (The Little Woman). I AM A SLOB.  There I came out of the pantry and admit it, A SLOB!

I'll try and save this shirt.
It started at lunch when I made myself a salad. A salad is supposed to make me feel good about myself, healthy, low calories salad, what can go wrong? Well let’s start with the first bite or fork full. Yes, it finds it’s way to my shirt, an oil spot right on the chest. OK, I get up and put some liquid dish detergent on it and wipe it out, sit down and there it is, another one. I get smart: I get a towel after cleaning off the latest, greatest spot and cover my chest. Seems I needed one for my arm too.

Not enough? Well suppertime comes along and I make meatloaf with an Italian slant, making a sauce on the stove for the meatloaf that has black olives, oregano and etc. As the small pot is simmering away, I take a small spoon and taste it, to see how it is going, and as I draw the spoon out of the pot and toward my mouth, sure enough, right on the shirt once again!

In the morning sometimes, I eat cereal, that I take into the den and watch the news, along with my coffee. I place a towel around my neck to protect the shirt I’m wearing. Never fails, it finds my collar, or sleeve or worst yet, a little spot next to the towel on my shirt. Jeez!

I guess it is God’s way of telling me that it is time to chuck a shirt or two, or a pair of pants or even a pair of shoes out! Why, I don’t know, after all these years they still fit! Why spend money on new clothes when I don’t need them. Besides, TLW buys clothes for herself, which should be enough for someone who is now fully retired.


No comments: