Friday, February 14, 2014

HAPPY ST. VALENTINE’S DAY

-->
To all you lovers old and new, this is the day that allows you to get: mushy, romantic and yes, even physical.

For me, this is a day to celebrate quietly, the joys of my 43 years of marriage, my confidence in the fact that someone truly loves me, and I love and adore someone truly.

I know that the day I asked for TLW’s hand (The Little Woman), I got more than I expected, and so no matter how bad things got for us, we are always a team, always worrying about each other, because love comes in many forms. Physical love is only a temporary thing, while true love over rides and over sees all the forms of love we demonstrate to each other. Love is indeed a many splender thing.

I know of couples that are truly in love, people who have the same old-fashioned values of love with respect, love with sacrifice for the other, love with no qualifications, and love that is unselfish, they are the lucky ones, they know what love means and don’t need to prove it to anyone but themselves.

As for me, I will take TLW to a small little quiet Italian restaurant to enjoy dinner, we will talk about everything like we always do, we will laugh and cry, and we will know that it all comes from the love we shared for so long, and will share in the future.

Speaking of the future, we were blessed with a wonderful addition to the family in my beautiful daughter-in-law Courtney, and she in turn is blessing us with a beautiful addition to the family in late March or early April. We know the new arrival is a beautiful little girl, who will like Courtney, take her share of love and a place in the hearts of her grandparents, all four of them. And so, this long hard winter, a winter of too much snowstorm, too much sickness and too much tears, will suddenly have a radiant sunshine, warm and happy as it rises that day my little granddaughter is born, on the cusp of Spring.

THIS is MY fantasy!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL!

To all you newly wedded husbands: here is a poem dedicated to you:

I didn’t like the casserole
And I didn’t like her cake.
I said her biscuits were too hard…
Not like my mother used to make.
She didn’t perk the coffee right
I didn’t like the stew,
She didn’t mend my socks
The way my mother used to do.
She pondered for an answer,
She was looking for a clue.
Then she turned around and smacked
The hell out of me…
Like my mother used to do.

And for you wives this little story:
Marriage Wakeup

As Barb was getting to know David and his family, she was very impressed by how much his parents loved each other.
"They're so thoughtful," Barb said.  "Why, your dad even brings your mom a cup of hot coffee in bed every morning."
After a time, Barb and David were engaged, and then married.  On the way from the wedding to the reception, Barb again remarked on David's loving parents, and even the coffee in bed.
"Tell me," she said, "does it run in the family?"
"It sure does," replied David.  "And I take after my mom."

3 comments:

Diana said...

Beautiful blog Joseph..........Happy Valentines to you and all! Love and Blessings to Mom.

Jim Pantaleno said...

Happy Valentine's Day to two lovely people.

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Thanks guys, I hope your Valentines Day was a great one!