Sunday, February 23, 2014

DIPHTHERIA TETANUS PERTUSSIS



Just when you think it is safe to become a grandfather, boom, they hit you with special requirements.

All my trouble started with them
As you might know by now, I will become a grandfather, once I clear legal, customs and the Board of Health. It all started with a phone call from California and #1 Son (Anthony) last Sunday.

“Dad, if you want to see your granddaughter in April, you have to get a shot. I know it's a pain in the ass but the doctor said so.”

A pain in the ass??? Is this where they administer the shot? I thought to myself.
 
Now when my dad became a grandfather all he had to do was buy cigars, find descriptive words the poets used to describe my niece and learn how to avoid getting shot at by people who would become tired of hearing him brag. If he got a ‘shot’, it would come from a whiskey glass.

When I got married, I had 4 children, in fact, TLW (The Little Woman) also had 4 kids, between us and the 8 children, we never needed a shot!

After I was born my mother had me vaccinated. That was enough for me, I didn’t care what the vaccination was for, the word was big enough for me to not ask questions. Life was simple.

Then when I had kids, diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis were the shots of the day, combined for the preservation of the doctor’s sanity from hearing the kids scream twice more.

Then the news that I had to once again get a shot, this one called: the TDAP Vaccine. I don’t know what it stands for, probably: The Doctor Adds Pain vaccine where the pain comes to your wallet!


I hope my son tells his daughter how I suffered to meet her.

No comments: