Sunday, June 22, 2014

MY KIND OF DAY

-->
I awoke and found myself singing, happy to be alive and so decided that today was a sunny happy day: a Darby Shea day.

When it is a Darby Shea day, I do what any great mind does: I put on my Darby Shea shirt and strut before the world! After all, the sky was blue, like a Cezanne painting. Rich in color, masterfully created, like a breath of fresh air, like an adventure, and the expectation of exploration, all rolled into one. Oh! One food reference: succulent like a rib eye.

I drove to the mall and as I passed the Cinnabon concession, a young lady from behind the counter yelled out: “Hey mister, mister, I LOVE your shirt!” I yelled back: “Why not love it, she’s my granddaughter!” It added spring to my step, a joyous stride to my tempo. But it did not end there.

As I walked to shop for an anniversary gift for TLW (The Little Woman) people were passing me by, looking at the shirt and smiling, almost in agreement. One lady guessed that it was my grandchild and asked: “How many is that?” The lady in Macy’s came from behind the jewelry counter and we chatted about grandchildren, and I could finally add something to a conversation about grandchildren. Oh the joy!

Then to a doctor’s visit, with receptionist, nurse AND doctor all greeting my shirt with great admiration. Yes, it was a Darby Shea kind of day!

No comments: