Saturday, November 18, 2017

ITS CORNY

The other night the phone rang with a strange number on the caller ID. Now at 6:45 PM, getting calls from numbers I don't know I don't answer. God knows I get these calls all day long. But I look at the caller ID and it shows a message after the call came in.

A few hours earlier I made dinner. To support my pork chops I made from a bag of Stop and Shop, frozen peas, and frozen corn. Since TLW (The Little Woman) bought two bags of peas, I needed to get rid of them since I hate peas and added them to some corn.

We eat the peas and corn and finish up our dinners and I even give off a few burps, as a compliment to the chef. We ‘retire' to the den and finish off our drinks as we watch some show that TLW recorded. All is well.

Then the phone call came!

I don't recognize the phone number on my TV so I don't answer it. After the answering machine kicks in, I see there is a message. Probably a stupid come-on about something I won't buy. I dial-in the message number and the message comes on. It is telling me that my package of frozen sweet corn is contaminated and I will probably die, or worse, live a little longer!

Kind of late, no?

So, if there is no blogue tomorrow, you know what happened.


No comments: