Monday, November 20, 2017

TIME FLIES

Sometimes I think I’m still 18 and the World although moving on, has stood still at the same time. I can remember things like it happened this morning and then realize it happened over 50 years ago! How can it be? I remember the conversations with my parents, teachers, and friends, it seems like yesterday, but it can’t be.

I see friends from years ago and remember them in a certain light, one that no longer exists, where did they go?

My guess is that my life was pretty full if you add all the ups and downs I experienced. The pace of my life caused the echoes of my Mom who would always admonish me when I wished something would happen. “DON’T WISH YOUR LIFE AWAY!” She said that sternly and emphatically.

My children have become a distant memory, they are all grown and I have children in their 40’s! How?

Where are the reality of the past and the accommodation to the present? It’s like I boarded a train for a ride through my life, I never change but the characters I meet along the way sure do.

I was always a healthy individual until I reached middle age when suddenly everything seemed to slip through my hands until I reached today’s state of health. High-blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes type-2 and an aneurysm in my stomach, a suspicious kidney and who knows what else is hiding under my skin. How long I have I don’t know. I have lived a reasonable amount of time so I can’t complain, and I did have the joy of meeting at least one grandchild that gives me such joy!

No comments: