Thursday, April 19, 2018

AN OBSERVATION


We spend our lives reaching for wealth at the price of our health, then, spend our wealth to restore our health.

Since I retired over 11 years ago, I have done some soul searching to try to understand the timeline I created, what it showed I value and what it says about me. Looking back I have no personal regrets about my values or where I am today.

As an older person, a senior citizen, I view my future in my memories, my children’s future as it unfolds and my grandchild’s future in my dreams. I think this is a process as well as a symptom of aging.

I made a vow that I would upon retirement read the books I didn’t get to, see the movies I missed, and find new things to do. I have invested heavily in my marriage to make it the best it can be, I have championed and supported my children in any way I can and will continue to.

So, I guess I want to leave this World in a little better shape than what it was when I came into it, and a little better shape then it is now as the days dwindle down to the end.


No comments: