Saturday, August 25, 2018

IT’S NOW OR NEVER…


You remember that song by Elvis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwelrtb8Oho

It’s now or never!

The other day I was about to sit down and have my lunch. Having lunch is a sacred occasion right up there with dinner and breakfast. On this auspicious occasion, it was a salad with some cheese mixed in.

All along I have been waiting for a phone call from a neurosurgeon for an MRI because my back has been aching since June 18th. I have gone through all sorts of scans and probes and nothing is showing up, so the MRI is necessary.

My personal physician, Dr. Strangeglove set up the appointment with Dr. Marrow to see if things are skeletal, since none of my organs seem to be in danger. The problem is to get an appointment you must wait until you die.

They called me while I was trying to free the hospital that my daughter was in so she could go home and they would not be abused by her any longer than necessary. She is a tough customer. I had to turn the appointment down, yet they informed me that they would put me on the waiting list with priority.

Then a few days ago, as the first fork-filled entered my mouth, they called.

“You need to come down NOW!” This was from a woman on the other end, and so naturally I listened, dropped my fork and ran down, had a consultation and exam by Dr. Marrow and now wait for the MRI. So far there was nothing he found, meanwhile, the pain persists.

-->

No comments: