Wednesday, August 15, 2018

LOOKING FOR A NEEDLE IN MY BACK

Having done an Echocardiogram and CT scan to ascertain what is causing my back pain since mid-June, the results came back with good news. There are no issues with my aorta, no sense of cancer and no problems with any of my organs. These were underlying fears of both my doctor and myself.

So, that leaves me with only the skeletal portion and so I will go to see a neurologist sometime soon. Meanwhile, the nights have become impossible to sleep. Last night I retired around 10:00 P.M. and awoke at 11:30 P.M., never going back to sleep! This is going on every night and it is troubling. During the day I can drift off easily, and I have been avoiding taking a nap because I don’t want to be too rested when I go to sleep at night.

Now, a new twist, not only is the back in pain, but my legs are affected also! This has happened the last few nights and the discomfort grows as the night wears on. I wonder if a thoracic nerve is involved somehow.

No comments: