Sunday, August 12, 2018

SOME DAYS ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS

One of the things about writing a blog is it is a good place to unload what is on your mind. When I’m happy I write about it when something occurs that I think is interesting you can read it here. When something bad happens to me I try to make you feel it, it is what writers do to convey ideas, base them on experiences. I’m no writer but I can see it in reading and writing.

On Saturday it will be 2 whole months since my beautiful daughter-in-law Courtney

Strange how you can go about your business and suddenly find yourself isolated in thought about someone and it leads you to a welling of the eyes and that leads to other thoughts and people that are all directly affected by life’s circumstances.

Since that date of almost two months, I developed a back pain that will not subside, lays latent and I feel it’s pernicious. I’ve gone for tests and have more to go for and don’t know what it is. I have my own ideas but can’t panic until I find out more to make it a concern.

But I have been lucky in spite of the horrors visited upon my family and me: life is worth living. There are the people I know and love; there are the memories of those who have gone before me that gather in my conscience and come forward every day teaching me lessons to build my life on.

When you love someone and they pass on, it is not the end of their life, but only a beginning of a new phase that has much meaning; that phase is the continuation of love you have for them as you coral all the fond memories they leave you, the children they leave behind and their fingerprints on your spirit of what makes you love them.

has passed. She has left us all with some wonderful memories and a treasure of grandchildren for me. If I live another 73 years, the gift of my grandchildren will always highlight my life in terms of pure joy and gratitude. She is missed every day and will be for the rest of my life.

No comments: