Wednesday, July 16, 2008

WHAT A DAY!

Being how TLW (The Little Woman) and I have a birthday a few days apart, we decided to go to a beautiful place called: “Giorgio’s” for a brunch to celebrate. Having been there before, once by accidentally finding it, and once by invitation, we set off knowing what we would get. Every time I go there, I am NOT disappointed.

Our reservation was for 12:30 pm, but we got there early and they seated us almost immediately. It is one of the most beautiful spots on Long Island to dine, overlooking the Long Island Sound, in a small town called Baiting Hollow, or Calverton. Situated on a golf course, the view is spectacular, with the forefront a golf course, and looking out one sees the Long Island Sound!

The sky was spotted with puffy white clouds and deep blue to fill in the rest of the canvas. The grass that lay in front of my eyes from the balcony was as green as Ireland’s, and food inside was as good as anything we’ve had at the Rainbow Room in NYC, or Italy for that matter!

After our lunch, I took my girlfriend out toward Greenport, to visit one of the most beautiful historical seaports on Long Island, with the midshipman from Annapolis paying us a visit in six YP’s, or Yard Patrol boats, that are used for training. Spiffy in their whites as they paced the docks, young bikini clad ladies waved from passing boats. (At first, I thought they were waving at me, but no! God forbid they should do that!)

It was a real treat to walk and talk with TLW, spending the whole day together.

http://www.giorgiosatfoxhill.com/content.php


No comments: