Saturday, September 13, 2014

ALL IN ONE DAY!

-->
I am always rooting for perennial losers! It has always been that way, always will be that way and even when my teams are on top, the big fish, the brass ring, seems to evade them.

All winter and spring, I punish myself for rooting for the Mets by rooting for the Jets. All summer and fall I punish myself for rooting for the Jets by rooting for the Mets, it is a life of endless pain.

Why do I need this? So I decided that what I needed was an diversion from such pain, so I decided to take up a hockey team. There are many winning teams to hitch my wagon to, and just who do I decide on, the NY Rangers? No: the NY Islanders. If you string 3 seasons together, you still won’t have enough wins from the Islanders to equal one bad year for the Rangers.

OK I said to myself, get a grip on yourself DelBloggolo, so I decide that basketball needs to be back in my life. I see where a great player in Anthony Melo is a Knickerbocker and I don’t want to root for the Nets, they have disappointed me all too often moving back and forth to New Jersey. Let’s Go Knicks! Yes, right down the tubes. They, like the Mets, Jets, and Islanders can’t seem to make the playoffs!

Then last Sunday, the unthinkable happened. The Mets AND the Jets both won on the same day! I double-check the standings, I go over the latest scores, I witnessed both games, the Jets and Mets both won on the same day! This of course will satisfy me, knowing the event will never happen again in my lifetime, and it will be my World Series, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup celebration all rolled up into one eventful day!

Pathetic? Yes, but I’m taking it anyway.

-->

-->

No comments: