Sunday, January 01, 2017

LET'S START ALL OVER AGAIN!

It's a new year, and like an old dirty towel, we toss the old year behind us and take out a new one. (Put them in the hamper or washing machine, please!)

After an evening of Christmas Eve fish, and Christmas Day dinner, it is hard to imagine that there is New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day dinner to face.

WHEN WAS THE FIRST TIMES SQUARE BALL DROPPED?
Answer below


The evolution of a resolution:
2009: I will get my weight down below 180.
2010: I will watch my calories until I get below 190.
2011: I will follow my new diet religiously until I get below 200.
2012: I will try to develop a realistic attitude about my weight.
2013: I will work out 5 days a week.
2014: I will work out 3 days a week.
2015: I will try to drive past a gym at least once a week.

As I stood in the gym on New Year's Eve, I looked around me and thought that I would either become the Italian Stallion or an old gray nag.

I'm making my usual New Year's resolution, that is no New Year's resolution. Never made one, couldn't keep it if I tried, so why bother? Let's face it, none of us ever do, we just find an excuse to go back to our old ways.

However, that is not to say I don't make resolutions and some are successful, like when I quit smoking on New Year's Day in 1990. Then there was a resolution to finish school as a freshman in college. With no money, no form of transportation and absolutely no sense, I vowed that somehow I would graduate from college. Through the grace of God I managed, what was a titanic struggle to do so, hitchhiking and starving, and sneaking onto trains, just for the sake of a lambskin?

There is so much football on TV today I decided to give you this joke.

TIME OUT
A guy comes home from a bar drunk at 4 am in the morning. His wife is sleeping and he tries to sneak into bed. He's lying in bed for a few minutes and suddenly let's rip a fart.

His wife wakes up and asks, "What in the world was that?"

He replies, "Touchdown, I'm up 7 nothing."

She thinks to herself, "I'm gonna fix him." and she lets one loose.

He yells at her, "What was that?"

She replies "Touchdown, tied score!"

Now he thinks, "I'm gonna fix her." So for about 10 minutes he's trying to work one up. He tries so hard he craps the bed!

The wife asks, "Now what in the world was that?"

He replies, "Half time, switch sides."

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR!!!

Answer: In 1907 the first Times Square ball was dropped and thus began a long tradition over 100 years ago.

No comments: