Sunday, July 09, 2017

IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR!

IT HAPPENS EVERY YEAR!

I’m talking of course about July 9th. It began on June 19th in the year of Our Lord, 1971.
It was a quiet year until that faithful day I sauntered off the altar steps to receive my bride to be. 
Ever since I have been happily married and I know so, because she told me, and she never lies.

Birthdays are a wonderful thing if you are a child, or are paid by the year. I have always found ways to try to make her birthday special, although she doesn’t think it should be, well maybe she should ask her children.

Sometimes, to say Happy Birthday, the meaning is different than just a party, it is saying: Thank God you were born, thank goodness you picked me instead of someone better, thank my lucky stars you are the mother of my children! Then it truly is a Happy Birthday.

I can’t imagine anyone in this world who could have made me as comfortable loving someone as the birthday girl. There is no pretense, no show, and certainly no pressure. When she hurts, I howl in pain, when she cries I sobbed so hard my heart hurts. We live a very quiet existence, I live for her and she lives for me. I could be on a mountain top, alone in the Alps, or on the Mojave Desert and I will feel the loniness, but if she is there then I am home, I am where I want to be when we faced the unexpected, she was strong and still is, getting stronger every day. She is a special kind of mother, one who has lost a child both directly through death and indirectly through birth defects.  Anyone who says anything about her will feel my wrath if I find out about it. She has been nothing but a loving and giving person. My little family is proud of her and will always be.

I struck gold. No matter what happens to me, I have been blessed with a special and wonderful wife, what more is there, and do I care if there is?

When I'm with you,
eternity is a step away,
my love continues to grow,
with each passing day.

This treasure of love,
I cherish within my soul,
how much I love you...
you'll never really know.

You bring a joy to my heart,
I've never felt before,
with each touch of your hand,
I love you more and more.

Whenever we say goodbye,
whenever we part,
know I hold you dearly,
deep inside my heart.

So these seven words,
I pray you hold true,
"Forever And Always,
I Will Love You."

- Chris Engle –

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLEN
I LOVE YOU!
JOE

No comments: