Sunday, July 30, 2017

REACHING INTO THE PAST

Every now and then I get hungry. This is a habit I've had for years, ever since I retired in particular. Old high school and college mates and former colleagues all are considered in the fight against hunger. I am a dedicated fighter for my cause.

What can be more pleasant than to relive over broken bread the past? What happened to this one and that one, where is he or she living now, who is still alive? All these questions make for a great session while chowing down.

Recently I had the pleasure of reacquainting myself to an old schoolmate from high school by the name of Joe Conley. Joe was one of those kids that everyone liked. Although I never hung around with him, I knew him and always said "Hello" when we passed during our day. Then one day I went on Facebook to find classmates for our 45th High School Reunion and found Joe. We became friends and saw each other's posts daily.

After over 50 years Joe remains a gentleman, just as nice as he was back in the day.

We met at the Cheesecake Factory in Westbury, a half-way point for both of us, and let me tell you, it was a really fast 2-hours of visitation and eats, as we discussed the old days. It's funny how someone you haven't seen in a while can still be recognizable, the same person, same personality so to speak and the same sense of the person you know so long ago

After a lot of talk and laughs, we decided to meet again over sushi, a passion we both share.

No comments: