Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I’VE GOT ISSUES

You are probably wondering what this grouch has issues about. Well, let me tell you. The Little Woman was watching a TV show the other day. It was one of these shows about home remodeling, which was followed by a similar show right after it. In both these shows, a woman returns to her home and sees the results of the remodeling. They go into the most annoying phrase to come out of U. S. culture in a long time. The Phrase?

“OH, MY, GOD!”

Let me tell you the pause between words is irritating enough, but to use it two or three times in a row gets me flickered, or too borrow another stupid phrase, “Pisses me off” pardon my crudeness and the very fact that I used it to begin with, but that must make me just as dumb.

Here’s another peeve I have with these same types of women. For some reason they are under some stress or are crying or gasping and they all stick their index finger horizontally under their nose as they carry on.

WHY?

35 years with the Little Woman and I have never seen that happen. The same goes with all my sisters and come to think of it, my sisters in law also. I fear my nieces may be doing it because it is a young persons thing. I have a suggestion.

DON’T DO IT.

Why? Because it isn’t you, that’s why. It is a fake way to express yourself and you look void of any self esteem when you borrow someone else’s phrasing.

I am sorrow, but it just irritates me and I can’t stand it. These are perfectly good people, not doing any harm to me or themselves or the public in general, but for some strange reason it makes me mad. I know darn well that I must do something like that myself, and if I do, please let me know.

I think its’ the heat that got me started on this, I WAS going to write of the GNP for 1977 coupled with inflation, but 100 degrees got in the way.

OH, MY, GOD!” I hope you’re not pissed off at me!!

No comments: