Tuesday, August 29, 2006

RETIRED OR RETRIED?

Well I knew it would happen. My old boss has called upon me once again to do a little work for him. Not that any project I do is little, its’ just that I like to do as little of it as possible. Somehow I will be designing from beyond the grave, it’s the way life is, its’ the way I am, its’ the way death will be for me.

Doing even a little bit on a commercial basis means wearing a watch, keeping an appointment, schedules and meetings. Of course I can charge maybe a dinner or two or lunch as an expense, but it is still work.

So how do I keep in a business-like manner? For starters: watching the traffic in the morning, reading a newspaper and drinking coffee even though I’m not driving, having a meeting with myself while laying down on the couch watching TV and setting a time period where I have all the time in the world to do anything I want. It will be tough, but I have to adjust to this busy new work schedule.

At least when I go to visit the old place, I will be leaving early, arriving when I say I will, and maybe finagling a lunch or two from them.

Please don’t feel bad, just send cash.

No comments: