Thursday, August 31, 2006

GAINING WEIGHT WHILE WATCHING TV

Yesterday the Little Woman and I were watching a cooking show on the old telly. The Little Woman is like a religious zealot when it comes to fats, with a fervor that leaves me felling guilty if I even look at olive oil. She could very easily lead a torch procession to burn and stone Emeril Lagasse and the Food Network.

Rachelle Ray was putting a little olive oil on one of her creations, and as she did, I could feel Miss Manning squirming in her rocker, nearly going off it. One tablespoon according to the Little Woman should be enough to feed a family of twelve for 7 days, in which you drip into a container any left over olive oil from that tablespoon.

I myself like to use olive oil to flavor things at the end of the cooking process. This is a NO NO, and will be dealt with swiftly with a tsk, tsk and a severe look. If I ever do that, The Little Woman will make me feel like a six year old with his hand in the cookie jar. I guess I shouldn’t complain since I feel young again. Of course there is a good reason for the way she feels, the fat from olive oil is intense and if something taste good, that should be a clue that it is not healthy.

Well fortunately for me I have been listening to her and accommodating her dietary request when I cook. She is working very hard to lose weight, and I think if she loses enough weight she will be so skinny that I can again use olive oil, claiming I didn’t know she was there, I didn’t see her.

No comments: