Saturday, August 12, 2006

THE QUEST FOR DIRECTION

In a few weeks The Little Woman, #2 Son and me will fly down to North Carolina for a wedding at Duke University. What‘s important here is not the Bride and Groom, but how we will look. I do not wish to look too good, because I don’t want to upstage the Bride. With the coming event looming, the Little Woman decided to go dress hunting, and needed someone to carry the rifles, food and medical supplies on his head as she foraged, and traipsed through the jungles of the Huntington Mall. The safari started out at 9:30 in the am, and continued to about 1:00 pm.

Bwana wanted a particular look with a particular price, while boy wanted a particular bench to rest his tired feet. Covering every store in the mall, we finally came to this one store that had what she wanted. Bloomingdales! Let me tell you, the Little Woman has lost weight that no one felt she needed to lose, but when she did, WOW! She looks great! Well the Little Woman looks like I should call my wife and tell her I’ll be late for dinner beautiful! Very elegant and chic, FORGEDDABOUTIT!

As I rested, I realized that this was the second mall in a week, and that there are many more malls left in the U.S. I figure she will slowly work her way out to Hawaii and Alaska before going international.

One of the most amazing facts that I learned living with Marco Polo is that she has a great sense for direction while in a mall. I on the other hand, find myself in constant confusion as I try to remember where the hell I am, where I parked the car and what day it is. The Little Woman can be blindfolded, taken to a strange mall where I will park the car, take her into the mall, take her blindfold off of her, and she will shop for a few hours, then find the car. I say “Thank God”, because I could never find it.

No comments: