Thursday, March 01, 2007

AND THE JUDGES HAVE SPOKEN

Every now and then TLW (The Little Woman) and I lay awake in front of the TV, watching something that we are not particularly interested in. For instance: American Idol, the show that keeps my interest as much as I watch the grass grow on my neighbor’s lawn down the street.

As we sit there, half asleep, dozing in and out of consciousness, we make passing comments about this singer or that singer, who is warbling in a pathetic attempt to “Make it to Hollywood”, as Simon and the other two or three judges decide the future of their singing ability.

I have started to make comments to TLW and she in turn will make them to me. Usually about how bad he or she was. Sometimes our comments cross from hearing the #3 vocalist, falling off to sleep and awakening with the thought in mind, that #4 singer was horrid, when we meant #3!

I have started my own judging system for American Idol: rating the putdowns by Simon, to see who should be insulted the most. I award points for words such as “Horrid”, or “simply dreadful” or even “sounding karaoke like” or my favorite: “You sounded like someone’s father at a wedding.”

Watching the TV with TLW, many a time I have to stand ever vigil in watching some of the crime shows like CSI or the best show on earth: Boston Legal. It seems that she will fall asleep towards the vital ending, and awaken to inquire as how this one or that one fared. I have learned to keep scrupulous notes about the progress of the show so I can answer her questions. This means that I can’t fall asleep! What you do for love! I must admit I don’t always succeed in staying awake.



You know, it is fun to be mean without hurting anyone’s feeling!

There are other shows that I like such as “Desperate Housewives” or two and a half men. Let’s face it the shows are very funny and that Charlie Sheen is a great actor.

One night we were watching an episode of “Everybody Loves Raymond” and TLW said that the show was bad because everybody was mean! And I thought, so is every show we watch!

The semi-weekly weight-in:

5% loss from January 1st!

No comments: