Tuesday, March 27, 2007

65 AND COUNTING



Oh yes indeed, the old gal is getting on in years. Of whom do I speak? Why my older (much older) sister Tessie.

I decided to send her birthday card a few days earlier because I took one look at her, and realizing it was her 65th birthday, I better send it now because she might not live to read it by her birthday. I mean if I’m going to spend 50 cents at the 50% discount card store, at least make sure she is in shape to read it.

Now I will spend a moment or two to reflect on the fact that we are all getting older, but jeez, she’s got it down to an art! 65 is when you become a senior citizen for sure. No matter what you do before that, eating well, exercising or even keeping your brain active, when you are 65 you are a senior citizen.

And what are her plans for her 65th birthday? Well the first hour she will spend getting out of bed, the second hour will be spent trying to remember why she got out of bed, her third hour will be to remember if she is suppose to be in bed or not. Then the rest of her day will become more complicated.

John her husband will share his oatmeal and prune juice and together they will argue over who gets the heating blanket. John will win the argument because Tessie doses off before she gets out her first sentence.

Well, I guess I’ll go and take my nap now, so to be ready for my 39th birthday in I think either June or July, I know it starts with a “J”.

Oh, by the way:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TESSIE!!!!!

No comments: