Monday, March 05, 2007

HOW TO INSULT A BROTHER WITHOUT REALLY TRYING.

Just wish him “Happy Birthday!”

If you can find the right card.

I looked really hard this year and found the best card. It shows a little boy with his finger up his nose and the headline reads: “Birthdays are like boggers, the more you have the harder it is to breathe.”

Cute, but he has it coming. For over 40 years I’ve known this guy. Constantly busting my chops, as I am busting his. He is like a brother to me. I think of him often, and worry about him always. If I have something of value, I worry about that too. When I love someone, I love and worry about them also. My good friend Phil I’ve been loving and worrying about for all those 41 plus years.

Some people find large sums of money, with fame and are still not happy. I found love in two people, TLW (The Little Woman) and Phil. I am always happy, and grateful. You can’t put a price on friendship, but you value it with all your being, it means that much to me. If I have a friend like Phil, he becomes my brother.

He is pushing another milestone soon, but he is always young to me, always with a laugh, always timely in times of sadness, when I need him most. He is always there for me; I try to be always there for him. My only disappointment is that we are not closer physically, since he lives on Staten Island and I live on Long Island.

So if you have a good friend, call him or her up and say: “Hi, I missed talking with you today.”

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHIL!

I MISS TALKING TO YOU TOO!

No comments: