Monday, March 26, 2007

WHAT’S A FATHER WITHOUT A SON?


As a Father where do you leave your mark in life without a son? How does a man define a legacy without a son? How do we measure a man's success without first a son?

As I remember it, 34 years ago I walked among the proud men, chest out high with wide strides, long and mighty. I saw a little child in a small incubator for the first time, and knew someday he would grow into a man, with his own destiny, own success and own point of view.

I hoped that some day I might leave him with something to remember me by, to give him something measurable by which to succeed, and a chance to leave his own mark in the world, a place where he would be remembered as a solitary man of honor and integrity.

I succeeded, his name is Anthony, and he is his own man, filled with hope and promise, purpose and a history of making his old man proud, happy and relieved that he has succeeded beyond expectations!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KID, AND TOUCH A PALM TREE. (Inside message)

No comments: